The EU regulation comes into force on May 25, 2018
Most of you might be already aware, there is a regulation by EU authorities that aims to deliver better data protection for all citizens of the European Union. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will enable individuals gain control over how their personal data is used by all the organizations they interact with, and as a whole – will help keep their own privacy. The GDPR will take effect on May 25, 2018 when all the companies operating on the EU market and processing personal data must be fully compliant with the regulation. Failing to do so may result in a fine of up to € 20 million or 4% of the company’s worldwide revenue for the previous financial year (whichever is higher).
At Intelligent Systems we have always strived to help our customers keep up with the latest tech trends and requirements, while ensuring their software and infrastructure meet all respective rules and legislations. Thus, here are some ideas how Dynamics 365 helps your business comply with the GDPR that would turn out critical to any organization:
- Obtain explicit consent from customers to process their data
- Provide tools that create notifications and inform customers about how their data will be used
- Enable customers to request rectification, erasure, or transfer of their personal data
- Incorporate so called “privacy-by-design” and “privacy-by-default” methodologies into your systems – i.e. organizations need to consider privacy at the initial design stages and throughout the complete development process of new products, processes or services that involve processing personal data; the collected personal data must be only those required to perform the duties and nothing more
- Increase data security through multiple ways of granting or restricting access to personal data as well as encrypting it
…and many more.
To further explore how Dynamics Solutions can help your organization get GDPR compliant, Microsoft has prepared detailed documents:
- Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation
Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
Finance and Operations, Business edition
- Coming soon
Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Are you ready for the GDPR?
Assess your readiness for GDPR now with a self-service tool, developed by Microsoft to assist organizations in identifying relevant technologies and steps they can take to streamline their compliance process.
If you want to learn more about Dynamics solutions and their benefits, do not hesitate to contact us right away as GDPR enforcement starts very soon.
N.B. Getting a Microsoft Dynamics solution doesn’t automatically makes your business GDPR compliant! These are only software tools that can help you implement and follow strict data protection rules and policies, as required by the EU regulation. Have in mind that Intelligent Systems is a business solution vendor, NOT a GDPR consultant.