Here you’ll find the answers to some frequently asked questions that we hear from companies planning on implementing a business management solution. They cover topics such as cloud services, the process of implementation, BI, ERP, CRM, Microsoft Dynamics 365 specifically, and others.
We hope you’ll find this information useful. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll try our best to give you the information you’re looking for.
About the implementation of business software
- How do I know it’s time to implement a new software for business management? Key Factors:
- Your business is growing and you need a solution that consolidates your data and a platform which unifies core business operations and functions.
- You use separate software programs for managing different business processes such as sales, manufacturing, warehouse, finances, etc. You’re missing an overview of your company’s activities.
- Your company operates in several countries and you want to receive information for the business processes in the same system in order to analyze its performance and to base your business decisions on that.
- What is the business software implementation process?
It includes several steps:
- Identification of the scope of decision and the additional functionality provided, if any.
- Analysis and design of business processes – process architecture is created that will be part of the solution.
- Development and testing – customization of the system to the needs of the customer, integration with external systems, bug fixes.
- Preparing for implementation and training – making a detailed manual for work, data migration, and more.
- Support during start-up – helping users adapt to the system and use it seamlessly.
- Continuous maintenance – additional developing and bug fixes that began occurring once the users started working with the system.
- Is it possible to integrate with another software?
All Microsoft business solutions have an open application programming interface (API) and can be integrated with other software solutions, regardless of whether they are locally installed or cloud-based. Most cases are subject to further customization by business software implementation experts.
3. Can you migrate our old or historical data?
This is typically agreed upon with the service provider during the pre-selling stage. Technically it is doable, but each case is different – you would have to consult with your provider.
4. What should I be paying attention to when signing the contract?
In most cases functionality requests which are not identified in the stage where you would be making your requirements known, will be subject to customization fees. Therefore, it’s important for the user and the solution provider to have a detailed list of requirements during the contract signing for the provided service and software solution.
- What is an ERP system?
The ERP system is an integrated software solution that supports business by automating, standardizing and optimizing key business processes such as production, finance and accounting, delivery, sales, service, marketing, and more. Through the platform, you manage all business documentation, improve the work efficiency of your employees, and enhance the quality of your services.
Depending on the size of the business and the data volume, Microsoft offers two main ERP solutions: Dynamics 365 Business Central for small to medium businesses and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations for corporations.
2. What does our organization need to prepare when we implement ERP?
The first step would be a concrete business process. Your company’s organizational chart should be well defined with the different roles of each function and the process documentation.
Once you’re done with that, you will need to establish a steering committee to manage the project. It can be internal, but that’s not necessary, as their role will be to connect the management, end-users and solutions provider.
The steering committee will also oversee customer listing, SKU, vendor listing, reports, etc. Finally, the team will also handle the test-to-production milestone.
3. What is the timeframe for implementing an ERP?
It depends on the modules being implemented. For example, time spent implementing an accounting module may be around one month, based on the assumption that the company knows what to expect and has data available right away. However, it’s important to have realistic expectations – some implementations may take more than a year, even more so if the company has growing requirements, incomplete or incorrect data or is going through a management change. Each implementation requires strong collaboration between the client and the solutions provider.
4. How do I consolidate the financial data and the operations of several companies?
A suitable ERP system can consolidate the financial data of several companies. Microsoft’s solution for small and medium enterprises is Dynamics 365 Business Central. The solution for large companies and holding structures is МS Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations.
5. Is it possible to implement an ERP system without accounting because we already have an accounting structure?
One of the main ERP functionalities is the effective finance management. The integration of the financial operations into an ERP system will contribute to faster and easier processing of the financial operations on many locations, currencies, legal entities and companies. Additionally, it will support the control over the accounting activities and will provide comprehensive information over the financial results.
About CRM, BI, Dynamics Моbile
- How does CRM support the business?
Dynamics 365 for Sales & Customer Service, Microsoft’s CRM solution, is a powerful tool that improves the performance of 3 core business activities:
- Sales – helps optimize the management of the generated potential customers and the communication among the employees.
- Marketing – tracks all marketing activities and their performance, based on different components.
- Service – ensures a high service level by helping employees respond to each question quickly and correctly.
2. What does the Business Intelligence app do?
Business Intelligence (BI) is a specialized software instrument which allows the transformation of unstructured data into detailed references. BI works through huge volumes of information in order to help the discovery, identification and use of each new business opportunity. The application allows the creation of a whole business strategy which in its turn guarantees immense advantage over competitors and long-term market stability.
3. Can I use an ЕRP system on a mobile device?
The system has an app for mobile devices, but it only works online. For bigger comfort and offline use, Dynamics Mobile gives you mobile access and an opportunity to work with data in the ERP solutions Microsoft Dynamics anywhere, anytime. It also allows all mobile vendors (Ex Van), warehouse employees and others to work faster and more effectively to ensure the best possible customer service.
4. Can you offer standard integrations of an ERP system with an online store?
Yes, thanks to the Unified Integration Framework for nopCommerce created by our team. If Dynamics 365 Business Central has already been implemented in your company or you’re planning an implementation, you can increase your sales even more by making shopping on your website a more pleasant experience. This way your online store works as a natural continuation of your Microsoft Dynamics system.
About Microsoft Dynamics 365
- What is Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a modern cloud-based software solution which unifies the functionality of Microsoft’s known ERP and CRM systems. The platform has a variety of business applications for sales, finance and operations, service, human resources, project management, and more.
2. What are the main advantages of Microsoft Dynamics 365 over other business management solutions?
Dynamics 365 is Microsoft’s most current business process management solution. The solution combines ERP and CRM functionalities with applications in every business sphere. As part of Microsoft’s family of products, the system integrates seamlessly with Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), Power BI, Flow and other applications of the technology giant.
Microsoft continually optimizes and develops the functionality of the system to maximize support for system users. Microsoft Dynamics 365 customers can add new apps to the system without disturbing their work or requiring special developments to integrate into the overall solution.
3. How much does Microsoft Dynamics 365 cost and how is it implemented?
The cost of MicrosoftDynamics 365 is based on three main components: licensing (access), deployment (setup), support (upgrading). The licensing can constitute a subscription plan or the purchase of a solution. The second option requires you to invest in hardware as well, but the client can decide for themselves whether to rent servers or purchase their own infrastructure. When buying a licence, an additional yearly enhancement plan is billed.The implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 includes the following steps:
- The first important step in the process of price formation is meeting the customer to get insight into the company’s processes. Depending on the needs of the customer, we prepare an indicative assessment with the business applications that will be included in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- After further meetings, we refine the offer, the client approves it and we begin the process of implementing the system and possibly developing additional functionalities.
- After testing the system, we migrate the data, if any, and run it. We create documentation for end user system work and train them to work with it.
- We assist employees in their day-to-day work with the system until they start using it efficiently. After this, support begins.
About Intelligent Systems
- Why should I choose Intelligent Systems?
Intelligent Systems has accrued immense experience from realizing projects in leading industry companies in more than 55 countries. For 15 years, the company has helped companies from different industries through a unified system. The Microsoft Dynamics ERP and CRM systems can be used by any organization and they can be easily modified to fit your company’s needs.
Intelligent Systems is a leading partner of Microsoft for Microsoft Dynamics in Central and Eastern Europe with many awards, including Inner Circle, Reseller of the Year for CEE, President`s Club for Microsoft Dynamics.
- Are there solutions for specific industries?
Of course! Intelligent Systems offers solutions suitable for a great number of industries, including retail, wholesale & distribution, manufacturing, automotive, transport & logistics, construction, agriculture, the pharmaceutical industry, banking, insurance, facility management and professional services. In addition, we can modify solutions according to the needs of specific companies.
- Are you certified by any international standard?
Our team offers wholesome business solutions which present a solid base for your successful growth. We guarantee first-class business software implementation at any organization. We use the already recognized Microsoft methodology in which each stage of the process is defined in advance and has a specific standard put in place. This is why we are ISO 9001:2015 certified. We are also certified with the highest international standard for data security, ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- We want to get acquainted with the solution we chose. Do you offer demos?
Some of the business solutions we offer allow us to provide you with an online demo:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central/ NAV
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales, Customer Service, Project Service Automation, Field service/CRM
- Power BI
Other business solutions have too many components and data, so we usually propose to navigate the potential clients and help them get acquainted with the system. In this case, one of our experts would contact you and show you the possibilities that the business management system gives you. These solutions include our specialized software systems for specific industries, including Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
2. What kind of infrastructure is available based on the chosen licensing option?
When the software is purchased, there are options for both an on-prem server and a private cloud. With a subscription plan, the the software is located on Microsoft’s public cloud, Azure.
A client server is the traditional model, where the company installs the software at a server on his premises. After a certain period, the solutions may undergo updates and support for issues that may arise.
A cloud-based ERP, on the other hand, is a subscription-based model where the user pays the service at a set time period. The payment already includes the enhancement plan towards Microsoft, while the support and maintenance provided by us is subject to additional fees.
With Intelligent Systems’ cloud services, companies use all functionalities and benefits of high-class software products. We are certified by the highest international standards for data security.
As with anything else, it depends on your company’s needs. Both models have pros and cons and a company may require one or the other.
3. Is there a platform to help comply with GDPR policies?
We offer an additional application to meet the GDPR requirements for all versions of Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Business Central. It includes various functionalities that you can learn more about here.
Microsoft has a special development for Dynamics 365 which helps companies implement and comply with the rules of the General Regulation. Learn more about it here.