As part of 2023 release Wave 2 for Dynamics 365 platform Microsoft has expanded Business Central and all the related products. Special focus has been put on the Power Platform and its integration with Business Central.
Here are some of the most important new features in Dynamics 365 Business Central business functionalities and expected benefits all selected by our consultants:
- Scan barcodes with Business Central mobile app for iOS and Android to increase warehouse users’ productivity
- Suggest the next step for sales and production orders to improve customer satisfaction by delivering on sales and production orders faster
- Directed pick and put-away is now available in basic warehouses to control how you put away items in your warehouses
- New E-documents module in Business Central that can be easily extended to cover various e-invoice type functionalities that are becoming mandatory in various countries around the world
- Search for pages and data in the mobile app to quickly find them on mobile devices opens many new possibilities for mobile scenarios
- Enabling intercompany features between companies in different databases/environments, helping multi-company accounting in multiple Business Central tenant environments, eliminating the need to manage files
- Edit in Excel on item journals and warehouse worksheets, providing a fast way to enter data
What is new in the server and database service?
The Wave 2 release focuses on optimizing an essential part of the data stack in the Business Central server: the data model for table extensions. The data loading speed on the server benefits all usage scenarios, including web service integrations, background jobs, and interactive sessions.
The data model for table extensions is changed so that added fields from all extensions to a table are now stored in the same companion table. In this new model, the server will never need to do more than a single join of the base table to its companion table.
As a result, this will drastically reduce the performance impact of table extensions to base tables, while still maintaining good stability of app lifecycle events. The cloud migration tool supports this new schema when migrating data from earlier versions to version 23.
Need more information on Dynamics 365 Business Central for business? Contact us